Actor-turned-politician Javed Jaffrey, who is contesting on Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) ticket from Lucknow, has come up with an interesting rap music video as part of his campaign for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. The video features Jaffrey in his ‘Salaam Namaste’ avatar of an ‘Indian cowboy’, mocking other political parties over scams and divisive politics.
The video starts with the oldest montage of Doordarshan and signature tune ‘Saare Jahan se Achcha’, and then Jaffrey appears on screen in his cowboy avatar, making some sarcastic comments on the song in reference to the Indian system.
From Bhagalpur riots and Bofors scam to Gujarat riots and Ayodhya issue, the song titled ‘Sab Chalta hai…sab bikta hai’ makes reference to several infamous scams and incidents since independence. It also shows footage of politicians indulging in fights inside a state Assembly.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The video then talks about Coalgate scam, fodder scam and IPL controversy, also touching upon 2G and Commonwealth scams. The actor-turned-AAP candidate has also referred to riots and divisive politics when people from different religions have been made to fight against each other.
Towards the end, the video mentions that though most are corrupt, there is still hope in the form of Aam Aadmi Party. And the video ends with a picture of Mukesh Ambani’s residence Antilia, which after a ‘flush’, turns into a slum.