As the race for the Lok Sabha gets heated, politicians and parties have been busy addressing rallies and selecting candidates. No stone is being left unturned in efforts to reach out to the voters, and social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter have turned out to be a very effective tool in this regard – with parties sharing campaign videos, emailers etc. However, what have been the highlights this season are the spoof videos on politicians across party lines. Rahul Gandhi, Narendra Modi and Arvind Kejriwal – these leaders, in their various avatars, have clearly been the stars of these videos. While a video shows Kejriwal as ‘Nayak 2’ and another depicts Modi as superhero ‘Krrish’, there’s a ‘Sholay’ spoof video showing Amitabh Bachchan ‘convincing the popular ‘Mausiji’ to vote for oldest political party.
Here’s a compilation of some such videos which, if not encourage you enough to go out and vote, certainly ensure good humour:
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Modi’s ‘Krrish’ spoof: This video shows BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as superhero Krrish, who is out to protect the people of this country from all the evils. Not only does he don an overcoat like Krrish, he even jumps over buildings and flies like the superhero.
The Great Dictator-Modi spoof: In this video, Modi’s face has been superimposed on that of Charlie Chaplin, who had played Adolf Hitler in the 1940 American comedy ‘The Great Dictator’. This is a parody of the globe scene in the movie.
Sholay-Congress spoof: Remember the popular Sholay scene where Amitabh Bachchan goes to Mausiji with a marriage offer on behalf of Dharmendra for Hema Malini, and ends up saying all negative things about his friend ‘Veeru’? This is a spoof video of the same scene wherein Amitabh is asking Mausiji to vote for “the oldest political party”, without naming Congress.
Dhongress – Hasiba Ameen: This video has already gone viral across social media. It mocks the Congress campaign video where a youth party worker Hasiba Ameen talk about how only a young leader like Rahul Gandhi can understand the plights of a young India. A young girl has acted in this video and ‘Rahul Baba’ is shown with a lollypop in his hand at the end of it.
Rahul’s youth campaign spoof: This video features a young boy as another youth brigade worker of ‘Dhongress’. This video and the Hasiba Ameen videos are part of the same series.
Nayak-2 featuring Alok Nath: This video shows the rising of a man who vows to eradicate corruption with the blessings of ‘Sanskari’ Alok Nath. The actor is shown donning the popular ‘muffler’ and Nehru cap, and fighting corruption with the help of a broom.
Arnab Goswami-Kejriwal spoof: This video is of a YouTube fest wherein Arnab Goswami is interviewing Arvind Kejriwal, who is in his trademark muffler and nehru cap, coughing in response to questions.
Tragediwal on Dukhdarshan: The video features the same group of youngsters who have acted in the ‘Dhongress’ video. This video mocks Kejriwal and his 48-day stint as the Chief Minister of Delhi.