Based on the data provided by the Press Information Bureau (citing Election Commission data), we at the Indian Express have visualized the Indian voter demographics.
Each placemark — when clicked on — provides information about the number of voters in the state and, also, the political party that formed the government in that state.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The infographic shows us a complete breakdown of the gender mismatch amongst Indian voters. The total number of male voters are 42.65 crore, and the total number of female voters are 47.6%. Other voters make up 28,341.
The smallest proportion of women voters are in our capital New Delhi, who account for 44.57% of the total number of voters.
States like Puducherry, Kerala, Mizoram.. have fewer men compared to the other Indian states.