In yet another run-in with Congress workers in Rahul Gandhi bastion Amethi, Aam Aadmi Party candidate Kumar Vishwas and his supporters were attacked on Friday evening in Jagdhishpur block by a group of 25 people, who were allegedly led by a local activist of the national party.
Vishwas was allegedly hit on his shoulder by a stick and two of his supporters sustained injuries. While Amethi SP Heera Lal claimed the AAP workers have yet to file a complaint, the partymen gathered at Kamrauli police station seeking action against the attackers and accusing the police of not filing an FIR.
“Around 7.10 pm, we had gathered at Sindurwa village in Jagdishpur. As soon as I and Kumar got on the makeshift dais to make a speech, Congress workers reached there and started solganeering for Rahul Gandhi,” alleged Rauf Saifi, a close aide of Vishwas.
“But when we instructed our workers to take their pictures and record videos, Congress workers attacked us with sticks, bricks and sharp-edged weapons.”
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched