Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna visited the Rajbhavan in Dehradun and submitted his resignation letter to the Governor Aziz Qureshi on Friday. Union Water Resources Minister Harish Rawat is all set to become Bahuguna’s successor in the state.
Before leaving for Rajbhavan, he informed reporters that he is resigning from his post on the instruction of the party high command. “A meeting of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) will be held tomorrow. The Party MLAs are with the decision of Party high command,” he announced at a brief press conference which he held at the lawn of Chief Minister’s residence. However, Bahuguna was not ready to take any question. “no more, no more,” he replied to questions which reporters thrown at him.
Prominent among those who were present at Bahuguna’s residence included Food and Civil Supplies Minister Pritam Singh, Agriculture Minister Harak Singh Rawat, and MLAs- Subodh Uniyal, Umesh Sharma and Raj Kumar.
Sources in the Congress said the party leadership has already initiated exercise to build consensus among the party MLAs for union minister Rawat as Bahuguna’s successor. “At the CLP meeting tomorrow, Bahuguna will propose the name of Rawat as his successor,” a source in the congress party said.
Rawat is likely to reach Dehradun in the evening. Since Rawat’s political career is more than three decades old, his supporters from state’s hill parts have already started reaching the state capital. “We are already making arrangement for his supporters’ stay at different places in the city,” a source in Rawat camp said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
All eyes are on the CLP meeting to be held tomorrow. Sources said a few MLAs may create trouble for Rawat’s election as CLP leader. “Although the party high command’s decision would prevail finally, some MLAs may raise their voice of resent. The party leaders are trying to avoid any embarrassing situation,” the source said.