Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna visited the Rajbhavan in Dehradun and submitted his resignation letter to the Governor Aziz Qureshi on Friday. Union Water Resources Minister Harish Rawat is all set to become Bahuguna’s successor in the state.
Before leaving for Rajbhavan, he informed reporters that he is resigning from his post on the instruction of the party high command. “A meeting of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) will be held tomorrow. The Party MLAs are with the decision of Party high command,” he announced at a brief press conference which he held at the lawn of Chief Minister’s residence. However, Bahuguna was not ready to take any question. “no more, no more,” he replied to questions which reporters thrown at him.
Prominent among those who were present at Bahuguna’s residence included Food and Civil Supplies Minister Pritam Singh, Agriculture Minister Harak Singh Rawat, and MLAs- Subodh Uniyal, Umesh Sharma and Raj Kumar.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sources in the Congress said the party leadership has already initiated exercise to build consensus among the party MLAs for union minister Rawat as Bahuguna’s successor. “At the CLP meeting tomorrow, Bahuguna will propose the name of Rawat as his successor,” a source in the congress party said.
Rawat is likely to reach Dehradun in the evening. Since Rawat’s political career is more than three decades old, his supporters from state’s hill parts have already started reaching the state capital. “We are already making arrangement for his supporters’ stay at different places in the city,” a source in Rawat camp said.
All eyes are on the CLP meeting to be held tomorrow. Sources said a few MLAs may create trouble for Rawat’s election as CLP leader. “Although the party high command’s decision would prevail finally, some MLAs may raise their voice of resent. The party leaders are trying to avoid any embarrassing situation,” the source said.