- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Victory processions banned in Muzaffarnagar as precautionary measure
Ahead of counting of votes for Lok Sabha polls on May 16, victory processions have been banned by authorities in the district as a precautionary measure.
“Such processions after poll results have been banned as a precautionary measure to maintain law and order,” said District Magistrate Koshal Raj Sharma.
Security has been tight and prohibitory orders clamped in the district which was hit by communal riots in September last year which left more that 60 people dead.
Strict action would be taken against those found violating prohibitory orders, said the DM.