Staffers in the Urban Development and Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation ministries who came late for work on Monday were in for a surprise as Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu made a punctuality check at Nirman Bhawan following which names of about 80 errant officials were noted down.
This was the second surprise check at the said ministries by Naidu, who has been focusing on the need for punctuality.
An official statement said that a bio-metric attendance system will soon be installed to mark attendance in these ministries.
Officials said that while the minister took a serious view of the tendency of absenteeism and coming late for work among
the employees, it was also noted that cleanliness and maintenance at Nirman Bhawan has improved since his last inspection on June 12.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Starting at 9:10 A.M., Naidu took over an hour as he went around the various floors of Nirman Bhawan, where the offices
of the ministries of Urban Development and Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) are located.
He noted that a large number of personnel in the lower rungs, like section heads and supporting staff, did not report for work on time. UD Ministry officials said that nearly 80 names of employees who were late have been noted down.
For the inspection, Naidu was accompanied by Shankar Aggarwal, Secretary (Urban Development) and other senior
officials of both the ministries.
Following the inspection, Naidu issued directions as per which joint secretaries of the two ministries shall visit their respective offices every day for a week to monitor attendance and find out about chronic offenders.
Naidu also directed that necessary and immediate action be taken against those who report late for work.
Attendance registers are to be withdrawn 15 minutes after the due time of reporting and late-comers are to be marked absent for the day and not paid for the same.