Staffers in the Urban Development and Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation ministries who came late for work on Monday were in for a surprise as Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu made a punctuality check at Nirman Bhawan following which names of about 80 errant officials were noted down.
This was the second surprise check at the said ministries by Naidu, who has been focusing on the need for punctuality.
An official statement said that a bio-metric attendance system will soon be installed to mark attendance in these ministries.
Officials said that while the minister took a serious view of the tendency of absenteeism and coming late for work among
the employees, it was also noted that cleanliness and maintenance at Nirman Bhawan has improved since his last inspection on June 12.
Starting at 9:10 A.M., Naidu took over an hour as he went around the various floors of Nirman Bhawan, where the offices
of the ministries of Urban Development and Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) are located.
He noted that a large number of personnel in the lower rungs, like section heads and supporting staff, did not report for work on time. UD Ministry officials said that nearly 80 names of employees who were late have been noted down.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
For the inspection, Naidu was accompanied by Shankar Aggarwal, Secretary (Urban Development) and other senior
officials of both the ministries.
Following the inspection, Naidu issued directions as per which joint secretaries of the two ministries shall visit their respective offices every day for a week to monitor attendance and find out about chronic offenders.
Naidu also directed that necessary and immediate action be taken against those who report late for work.
Attendance registers are to be withdrawn 15 minutes after the due time of reporting and late-comers are to be marked absent for the day and not paid for the same.