Hitting back at Congress President Sonia Gandhi over her remarks on spike in communal violence after BJP came to power, Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday asked the party to “introspect” before making such “baseless allegations”.
“Congress and communalism go hand and hand. It is the Congress party’s divisive politics and communal agenda which has brought the country to this state,” the senior BJP leader said.
“That is why Congress has suffered a major setback in the recent elections and they should introspect. Stop such baseless allegations,” he told reporters outside Parliament when asked for his reaction on the Congress President’s charge.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Addressing a special convention organised by the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) in Thiruvananthapuram, Gandhi said there has been an increase in communal violence in the country since BJP came to power and alleged this was part of a “deliberate” attempt to divide the people.
Apparently referring to the recent incidents of communal clashes in Uttar Pradesh, Naidu said Gandhi should also take up the issue with Samajwadi Party government which had supported it at the Centre for the last 10 years.