Hitting back at Congress President Sonia Gandhi over her remarks on spike in communal violence after BJP came to power, Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday asked the party to “introspect” before making such “baseless allegations”.
“Congress and communalism go hand and hand. It is the Congress party’s divisive politics and communal agenda which has brought the country to this state,” the senior BJP leader said.
“That is why Congress has suffered a major setback in the recent elections and they should introspect. Stop such baseless allegations,” he told reporters outside Parliament when asked for his reaction on the Congress President’s charge.
Addressing a special convention organised by the Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee (KPCC) in Thiruvananthapuram, Gandhi said there has been an increase in communal violence in the country since BJP came to power and alleged this was part of a “deliberate” attempt to divide the people.
Apparently referring to the recent incidents of communal clashes in Uttar Pradesh, Naidu said Gandhi should also take up the issue with Samajwadi Party government which had supported it at the Centre for the last 10 years.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review