An astute leader, inspiring orator and a committed party worker, M Venkaiah Naidu became the BJP president in 2002 and is among the party’s prominent faces from southern India.
This is his second stint as a Union Minister, after heading the Rural Development Ministry in the year 2000.
Hailing from a a remote village named Chavatapalem in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh, the 65-year-old leader is a Rajya Sabha member from neighbouring Karnataka.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
After graduating from V R College, Nellore, he obtained law degree from Andhra University at Visakhapatnam. He was also the president of Students Union, Andhra University Colleges in 1973.
Commencing his political journey as president of the youth wing of Janata Party in Andhra Pradesh, he has held a number of positions in BJP. He was elected twice to the Legislative Assembly in Andhra Pradesh and to the Rajya Sabha three times.
An experienced Parliamentarian, Naidu was a member of various Standing Committees including External Affairs and Finance. Presently, he is the Vice-President of the Parliamentary Forum on Disaster Management.
Naidu was a Union Minister of Rural Development between eptember 30, 2000 and June 30, 2002 in Atal Bihari Vajpayee government. Later he functioned as the national President of BJP from July 2002 to October 2004.