- Is BJP losing the plot in Delhi?
- Kiran Bedi win: RSS says it’s kabaddi, hold breath
- Veteran’s work vs son-in-law’s youth
- Dense and dingy, yet women feel ‘safer’ in colony than outside
- ‘Always a third front man, so I joined Congress’
- AAP to send star campaigners to Sadar Bazaar, Krishna Nagar
- Senior BJP leader trying to put AAP in negative light: Arvind Kejriwal
Varanasi will show Narendra Modi his real place: Sharad Yadav
President Sharad Yadav on Saturday took potshots at former ally BJP over controversies surrounding L K Advani’s constituency and said Narendra Modi would be shown his ‘real’ place in Varanasi.
“BJP is chanting “Har Har Modi” slogans…The place Varanasi revered by people due to Lord Mahadev will show him his rightful place,” Yadav told reporters at Jaiprakash Narayan Airport here on arrival from Delhi. Debunking the BJP claim of a wave in its favour, the JD(U) President said the country would see the next Prime Minister of the Third Front comprising non-Congress and non-BJP parties.
“Wait for the result the country will see next Prime Minister of Third Front,” Yadav, an important figure behind bringing 11 non-Congress and non-BJP parties together with Left parties, said.
On bureaucrat-politician N K Singh switching over to BJP, Yadav described him as “opportunist”. He said Singh’s departure would not make any impact on JD(U) as he had never been a true worker of the party. Yadav, who is seeking re-election from Madhepura constituency, left for there. He is pitted against RJD Pappu Yadav in the seat. JD(U) spokesman and MLC Sanjay Singh also made a scathing attack at N K Singh for switching to “Modinomics” from “Nitishnomics.”