Having ended her 32-year-long association with BJP, former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s niece Karuna Shukla on Thursday joined the Congress and slammed Narendra Modi, saying his promise of serving the country is nothing but “plain dishonesty”.
Hitting out at Modi, Shukla said the BJP has declared such a person its prime ministerial candidate “who did not fulfill the duty of a husband or rajdharma when he was chief minister.
If such a person talks about discharging rashtradharma, I will call it plain dishonesty”.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Welcoming her into the party fold, AICC general secretary in-charge Janardan Dwivedi said her joining Congress has a symbolical value as Karuna Shukla who had immense contribution in the making of BJP has severed ties from that party because of bad culture that came there in recent years.
“The event has a bigger dimension for us as leaving that culture, she is joining Congress making an exit from one particular value system to the other,” said Dwivedi.
63-year-old Shukla, who became MLA from BJP first in 1993 and was one of the senior leaders in Chhattisgarh, was unhappy over being sidelined in the party and had openly criticised the BJP leadership including Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on many occasions in recent past.
A former MP from Janjgir constituency of Chhattisgarh, she had lost the 2009 elections from Korba to Charan Das Mahant of Congress.
She resigned from BJP on October 25th, last year alleging that the party was “under the grip of power politics”.
Ever since there was speculation of her joining Congress. Shukla had also met Congress President Sonia Gandhi recently.
Shukla’s inclusion was announced by the party amid much fanfare with senior Congress leaders Dwivedi, Motialal Vora, B K Hariprasad, Ajit Jogi, Chhattisgarh PCC chief Bhupesh Baghel and CLP leader T S Singh Dev accompanying her at a press conference at the AICC headquarters.
She was one of the national vice presidents of the BJP as well as the former national president of the BJP Mahila Morcha besides holding other posts in the party in past.