Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s niece Karuna Shukla, who quit BJP and joined Congress recently,on Sunday said the era of veteran leaders like Vajpayee and L K Advani in the saffron party has ended.
Shukla, a former Lok Sabha MP, resigned from BJP in October last year, alleging she was being “continuously neglected” by senior leaders.
“The era of Atal Bihari Vajpayee and L K Advani in the BJP has come to an end,” 63-year-old Shukla told PTI.
Shukla, who had a 32-year-long association with BJP, said it was a very painful decision for her to leave the party for
which she had worked from the ward to the national level.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The Congress candidate from Bilaspur Lok Sabha constituency, Shukla, daughter of Vajpayee’s elder brother, alleged she felt “miserable” in the Chhattisgarh party unit under the leadership of Chief Minister Raman Singh and that BJP treated her “badly.”
To a question, she quipped though BJP did not treat her well,it may give proper treatment to Ram Kripal Yadav, a former close aide of RJD president Lalu Prasad Yadav who has been given ticket by the saffron outfit from Pataliputra, and
veteran leader Jagdambika Pal, who recently quit Congress amid speculation that he was warming up to BJP.
In the 2009 Lok Sabha elections, Congress won only one seat from Chhattisgarh, but Shukla expressed confidence that this time the party will win at least four seats.