Former Army Chief and BJP candidate V K Singh on Friday filed his nomination papers from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency.
“I will win from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency. I would like residents of Ghaziabad to vote for me as BJP is the only party which can give a stable government to the country.
After winning elections, I would work for the welfare of Ghaziabad’s people,” Singh said.
Asked if he would prefer to become Defence Minister if NDA wins the upcoming elections, he said that he has not thought about this and would continue working for the people.
On the issue of being an outsider in Ghaziabad constituency, Singh said “being a soldier, the whole country is mine. So I am not an outsider in Ghaziabad”.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“When a soldier fights at the border, he serves the country. Being a soldier, the whole country is mine. Ghaziabad’s people are also mine. I am not an outsider in Ghaziabad,” he explained.
On being asked if he would request anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare to campaign for him, he replied “I would be very happy if Hazare comes forward to campaign for me”.