Former Army Chief and BJP candidate V K Singh on Friday filed his nomination papers from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency.
“I will win from Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency. I would like residents of Ghaziabad to vote for me as BJP is the only party which can give a stable government to the country.
After winning elections, I would work for the welfare of Ghaziabad’s people,” Singh said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Asked if he would prefer to become Defence Minister if NDA wins the upcoming elections, he said that he has not thought about this and would continue working for the people.
On the issue of being an outsider in Ghaziabad constituency, Singh said “being a soldier, the whole country is mine. So I am not an outsider in Ghaziabad”.
“When a soldier fights at the border, he serves the country. Being a soldier, the whole country is mine. Ghaziabad’s people are also mine. I am not an outsider in Ghaziabad,” he explained.
On being asked if he would request anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare to campaign for him, he replied “I would be very happy if Hazare comes forward to campaign for me”.