Uttarakhand was today brought under President’s rule by the Centre on grounds of “breakdown of governance” in a controversial decision which comes in the wake of a political crisis triggered by a rebellion in the ruling Congress.
President Pranab Mukherjee signed the proclamation under Art 356 of the Constitution dismissing the Congress government headed by Harish Rawat and placing the Assembly under suspended animation this morning on the recommendation of the Union Cabinet.
Ahead of the crucial floor test on Monday, Uttarakhand Assembly Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal is expected to announce his decision today on the fate of the nine Congress rebel MLAs who joined hands with the BJP to topple the Harish Rawat-led government. The rebels, including former chief minister Vijay Bahuguna, are likely to be suspended from the House under the anti-defection laws and the Congress might prove their majority despite the House strength coming down to 62 seats.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
#Harish Rawat govt was unconstitutional, immoral; It was demand of time that it should have been dismissed: Union Minister Arun Jaitley.
#Congress leader Abhishek manu singhvi calls imposition of President’s rule ‘murder of democracy
#President’s rule imposed in Uttarakhand
# There’s curfew like situation near assembly as even media isn’t allowed inside assembly: BJP leader Ajay Bhatt.
# Everything that can go wrong with constitutional functioning has happened in Uttarakhand. It’s a textbook example of breakdown of governance: Arun Jaitley
# If money has not played any role then what is common between the DNA of Vijay Bahuguna and DNA of Kailash Vijayvargiya: CM Harish Rawat.
# My DNA is the DNA of the people, it is not an imported DNA like others: Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat.
# BJP resorting to foul means to destabilise my government: Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat.
# Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat condemns BJP for threatening Congress government in the state with President’s Rule.
# BJP MLAs to leave from Jaipur for Delhi at 11AM today.