Uttarakhand was today brought under President’s rule by the Centre on grounds of “breakdown of governance” in a controversial decision which comes in the wake of a political crisis triggered by a rebellion in the ruling Congress.
President Pranab Mukherjee signed the proclamation under Art 356 of the Constitution dismissing the Congress government headed by Harish Rawat and placing the Assembly under suspended animation this morning on the recommendation of the Union Cabinet.
Ahead of the crucial floor test on Monday, Uttarakhand Assembly Speaker Govind Singh Kunjwal is expected to announce his decision today on the fate of the nine Congress rebel MLAs who joined hands with the BJP to topple the Harish Rawat-led government. The rebels, including former chief minister Vijay Bahuguna, are likely to be suspended from the House under the anti-defection laws and the Congress might prove their majority despite the House strength coming down to 62 seats.
#Harish Rawat govt was unconstitutional, immoral; It was demand of time that it should have been dismissed: Union Minister Arun Jaitley.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
#Congress leader Abhishek manu singhvi calls imposition of President’s rule ‘murder of democracy
#President’s rule imposed in Uttarakhand
# There’s curfew like situation near assembly as even media isn’t allowed inside assembly: BJP leader Ajay Bhatt.
# Everything that can go wrong with constitutional functioning has happened in Uttarakhand. It’s a textbook example of breakdown of governance: Arun Jaitley
# If money has not played any role then what is common between the DNA of Vijay Bahuguna and DNA of Kailash Vijayvargiya: CM Harish Rawat.
# My DNA is the DNA of the people, it is not an imported DNA like others: Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat.
# BJP resorting to foul means to destabilise my government: Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat.
# Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat condemns BJP for threatening Congress government in the state with President’s Rule.
# BJP MLAs to leave from Jaipur for Delhi at 11AM today.