Uttarakhand BJP leader Rakesh Kumar Rastogi whose body was found on Saturday morning in Baheria area of Bareilly district was strangulated to death. Four injury marks, including three on the chest and one on the stomach, were also found on the body.
Circle Officer, Baheri, Kalu Singh said, “The autopsy report states death occured due to shock and haemorrhage with asphyxia, due to ante mortem injuries.”
Police believe a screwdriver was used to attack the 40-year-old, who was a district-level leader of the BJP, and that Rastogi may have been dead for a day and a half before he was found.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A resident of Nai Sunhari locality in Kichcha area of Uddham Singh Nagar of Uttarakhand, Rastogi was an architect. He left home on Friday morning to go to Pachpera in Bareilly. In the afternoon, his wife called up on his cellphone but got no response. The same night she lodged a missing person’s report.
Police had recovered Rastogi’s body from inside his Santro car in Pachpera village under the Baheri police circle. His hands were tied with a rope. Another rope was tied around his neck. There were blood stains in the frontseat.
SHO, Baheria Police Station, Kamrul Hasan said it could not be ruled out that Rastogi was killed somewhere else.