Uttarakhand BJP leader Rakesh Kumar Rastogi whose body was found on Saturday morning in Baheria area of Bareilly district was strangulated to death. Four injury marks, including three on the chest and one on the stomach, were also found on the body.
Circle Officer, Baheri, Kalu Singh said, “The autopsy report states death occured due to shock and haemorrhage with asphyxia, due to ante mortem injuries.”
Police believe a screwdriver was used to attack the 40-year-old, who was a district-level leader of the BJP, and that Rastogi may have been dead for a day and a half before he was found.
A resident of Nai Sunhari locality in Kichcha area of Uddham Singh Nagar of Uttarakhand, Rastogi was an architect. He left home on Friday morning to go to Pachpera in Bareilly. In the afternoon, his wife called up on his cellphone but got no response. The same night she lodged a missing person’s report.
Police had recovered Rastogi’s body from inside his Santro car in Pachpera village under the Baheri police circle. His hands were tied with a rope. Another rope was tied around his neck. There were blood stains in the frontseat.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
SHO, Baheria Police Station, Kamrul Hasan said it could not be ruled out that Rastogi was killed somewhere else.