Raking up the caste issue, Narendra Modi on Friday charged Congress with starting the politics of “untouchability and hatred” and Sonia Gandhi of resorting to “unch aur neech” politics for salvaging the “lost political ground” in the ongoing elections.
“Who started the politics of untouchability in the country?” he asked the people at an election meeting here in favour of BJP candidate Radhamohan Singh.
“The same people who do votebank politics had started the politics of untouchability,” he said referring to Congress.
“During the entire election process, we have never wavered from development-based politics”, the BJP prime ministerial candidate said charging the Congress president with resorting to ‘unch aur neech’ (high and low) politics.
“Madam you are a party President. You keep using terms like ‘unch’ and ‘neech’, it does not look good,” he said, adding the Congress was trying to “salvage the lost political ground”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“A certain defeat in the elections appears to be troubling Madam Soniaji and she is upset that the Congress’ game of caste and communal politics is coming to an end now,” Modi claimed.
The BJP leader said that a Kerala minister was asked to give an explanation by the state government for meeting him (Modi) and a Congress leader demanded that the Bharat Ratna award conferred on melody queen Lata Mangeshkar be taken back for praising him.
“What type of politics is this?” he asked the Congress and said it does not reflect well of that party when it targets those who praise him and at the same time cast aspersion on him for pursuing ‘neech rajniti’, Modi said referring to Priyanka Gandhi’s barb at him and similar verbal attacks on him by Sonia and Rahul Gandhi.
Addressing large number of youth in the audience, the BJP Prime Minister nominee spoke about the alleged “fraud” played by UPA government on promise of giving employment to youths and talked about number of new measures to create jobs.
“Do you want to ruin your future as well like 60 years of your parents were ruined…This government of mother and son has ruined the country…
“They have promised to provide employment to 10 crores people in five years between 2009 and 2014. Did the youths get jobs? Did they not play fraud with you? Will you those people who have cheated you? Modi said here.