Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Monday asked voters to use the “none of the above” (NOTA) option in the ensuing Lok Sabha elections if they did not find a right candidate with character and clean image.
“The country is not going to see change just by changing (the party in the) regime. If one regime did a graduation in corruption, another did post-graduation in corruption.
“That is why, the basic change won’t come by merely changing the rulers. People who can bring radical change in the state and country will have to be sent to the Legislature and Lok Sabha,” Hazare said in a statement here.
“If any party has fielded a candidate who is corrupt, goonda and a robber, the voters should decide that they will not make the mistake that the party has done.”
“They (voters) should decide that they will not fall prey to any enticement and then elect corrupt or criminal elements,” he said, adding that alert voters are pillars of democracy.
Voters should use the “none of the above” option in the ensuing Lok Sabha elections if they did not find a right candidate with character and clean image, he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“It often happens that after facing injustice, people decide to teach (parties) a lesson in elections. However, they forget to do so after being treated to a party at a dhaba or after getting Rs 200 or a Rs 500 note,” Hazare said.