US Senator John McCain has congratulated Narendra Modi and his party on the resounding electoral success in the Lok Sabha elections and hoped to work with his government to revitalize bilateral relations.
“I congratulate Narendra Modi and the Bharatiya Janata Party for their resounding success in India’s election – an election that was, by itself, a powerful and inspiring demonstration of the vibrancy of the world’s largest democracy,” McCain said.
McCain, the Republican presidential candidate in the 2004 elections, said, “the successful rise of India as a prosperous nation and a democratic great power is fundamentally in America’s national interest.
I look forward to working with Modi and his government to revitalize and expand the immense promise of the US-India strategic partnership.”
Meanwhile, the popular Time magazine also lauded Modi on his spectacular win in the elections.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“Narendra Modi won India’s national elections by a virtually unprecedented parliamentary super-majority, routing the ruling Congress Party,” it said.