The communal violence of last year was an unfortunate episode but no political party should use it to derive electoral gains, Rashtriya Lok Dal leader and actress Jaya Prada has said.
Named as the RLD candidate for the Bijnore Lok Sabha seat after she recently joined the Ajit Singh-led party, Jaya Prada appealed to political parties against making the riots an issue while seeking votes.
Talking to reporters here last evening, she said that political parties should instead focus on questions of farmers’ welfare and development.
“The riots were unfortunate, but some political parties want to gain political mileage by exploiting the issue,” she said.
Meanwhile, it is learnt that the Purkazi Assembly segment in Muzaffarnagar would be included as part of the Bijnore Lok Sabha constituency.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More