- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
- Drone showers petals, supporters ‘crown’ Kejriwal in Northeast Delhi
- Delhi has 695 critical polling stations: Election Commission
- Last lap, nervous BJP calls party to Delhi, for Delhi
UP riots should not be used to derive poll gains: Jaya Prada
The communal violence of last year was an unfortunate episode but no political party should use it to derive electoral gains, Rashtriya Lok Dal leader and actress Jaya Prada has said.
Named as the RLD candidate for the Bijnore Lok Sabha seat after she recently joined the Ajit Singh-led party, Jaya Prada appealed to political parties against making the riots an issue while seeking votes.
Talking to reporters here last evening, she said that political parties should instead focus on questions of farmers’ welfare and development.
“The riots were unfortunate, but some political parties want to gain political mileage by exploiting the issue,” she said.
Meanwhile, it is learnt that the Purkazi Assembly segment in Muzaffarnagar would be included as part of the Bijnore Lok Sabha constituency.