The communal violence of last year was an unfortunate episode but no political party should use it to derive electoral gains, Rashtriya Lok Dal leader and actress Jaya Prada has said.
Named as the RLD candidate for the Bijnore Lok Sabha seat after she recently joined the Ajit Singh-led party, Jaya Prada appealed to political parties against making the riots an issue while seeking votes.
Talking to reporters here last evening, she said that political parties should instead focus on questions of farmers’ welfare and development.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The riots were unfortunate, but some political parties want to gain political mileage by exploiting the issue,” she said.
Meanwhile, it is learnt that the Purkazi Assembly segment in Muzaffarnagar would be included as part of the Bijnore Lok Sabha constituency.