UP govt. forms SIT to probe Badaun rape and murder case as criticism mounts
A four-member Special Investigating Team (SIT) has been constituted to probe the shocking gangrape and murder case of two teenaged sisters in Katra Sadatganj village, officials said.
“The SIT headed by circle officer of Ujhani, Mukesh Saxena has been set up for investigating the case”, SSP Atul Kumar Saxena said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The SSP said that SIT visited the village Friday and talked to the complainants and witnesses.
The team got the houses of the accused opened and searched them, Saxena said adding that help of the witness was being taken for preparing the sketches of the two unidentified accused and the entire process was being videographed.
The case is being monitored at the government level and taking the seriousness of the matter for solving it promptly, the investigations have been taken from sadar kotwali inspector Veerpal Sirohi, the SSP said.
Sirohi, SSI of Usait police state B S Punia and inspector Bharat Kumar posted in Bareilly will assist Mukesh Saxena in the SIT, the SSP said.
The two teenage girls, aged 14 and 15 years, were allegedly gangraped and murdered with their bodies found hanging from a mango tree in a village in Ushait area in Badaun, sparking a nation-wide outrage.
The girls went missing on May 27 and their bodies were found the next day. Badaun is 300 km from Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow.
Five accused– three brothers Pappu Yadav, Awadhesh Yadav and Urvesh Yadav and constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav —have been arrested in the case.
The two accused policemen have been terminated from their service.