UP govt. forms SIT to probe Badaun rape and murder case as criticism mounts
A four-member Special Investigating Team (SIT) has been constituted to probe the shocking gangrape and murder case of two teenaged sisters in Katra Sadatganj village, officials said.
“The SIT headed by circle officer of Ujhani, Mukesh Saxena has been set up for investigating the case”, SSP Atul Kumar Saxena said.
The SSP said that SIT visited the village Friday and talked to the complainants and witnesses.
The team got the houses of the accused opened and searched them, Saxena said adding that help of the witness was being taken for preparing the sketches of the two unidentified accused and the entire process was being videographed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The case is being monitored at the government level and taking the seriousness of the matter for solving it promptly, the investigations have been taken from sadar kotwali inspector Veerpal Sirohi, the SSP said.
Sirohi, SSI of Usait police state B S Punia and inspector Bharat Kumar posted in Bareilly will assist Mukesh Saxena in the SIT, the SSP said.
The two teenage girls, aged 14 and 15 years, were allegedly gangraped and murdered with their bodies found hanging from a mango tree in a village in Ushait area in Badaun, sparking a nation-wide outrage.
The girls went missing on May 27 and their bodies were found the next day. Badaun is 300 km from Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow.
Five accused– three brothers Pappu Yadav, Awadhesh Yadav and Urvesh Yadav and constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav —have been arrested in the case.
The two accused policemen have been terminated from their service.