Home Minister Rajnath Singh is understood to have asked the Uttar Pradesh Police to beef up security across the state to check crimes like murder and rape.
The Home Minister is believed to have raised the issue of killing of two BJP activists and recent incidents of rape and murder of women in Uttar Pradesh when the state’s DGP A L Banerjee met him here on Thursday.
Sources said Singh is said to have told Banerjee to take every single incident seriously and nab the culprits immediately before things go out of hand.
Earlier, Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju has said that the Central government was concerned over the spate of rapes and killings in Uttar Pradesh and it was closely watching the situation.
Two BJP leaders were killed and several incidents of rape were reported in recent past in Uttar Pradesh.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More