Home Minister Rajnath Singh is understood to have asked the Uttar Pradesh Police to beef up security across the state to check crimes like murder and rape.
The Home Minister is believed to have raised the issue of killing of two BJP activists and recent incidents of rape and murder of women in Uttar Pradesh when the state’s DGP A L Banerjee met him here on Thursday.
Sources said Singh is said to have told Banerjee to take every single incident seriously and nab the culprits immediately before things go out of hand.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Earlier, Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju has said that the Central government was concerned over the spate of rapes and killings in Uttar Pradesh and it was closely watching the situation.
Two BJP leaders were killed and several incidents of rape were reported in recent past in Uttar Pradesh.