Pro-united Andhra employees and others Monday burnt copies of the draft Telangana bill in traditional Sankranti bonfire at different places in Seemandhra as a mark of protest against division of Andhra Pradesh. The Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers (APNGOs) association president P Ashok Babu led the protest at Ongole in Prakasam district.
Noting that division would not have much impact on politicians as they can continue to carry on with political activity normally, he said bifurcation would adversely impact students and employees from Seemandhra regions.
Similar protests were organised at different places in the Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions. TDP legislator Dasari Bala Vardhana Rao, the party’s farmers’ wing leader and members of APNGOs association participated in the protest at Hanuman junction on Vijayawada- Visakhapatnam national highway in Krishna district where they burnt copies of the draft bill and raised slogans against the bifurcation of the state.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The united AP supporters also gathered at Gudiwada in the district and protested against the bill while raising slogans in favour of ‘Samaikyandhra’ (united Andhra). The burning of the copies of draft Telangana bill is part of a programme of protests called by the APNGOs. A bandh would be organised on January 17 and 18.
The draft Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill-2013 is presently being debated in the state legislature, which is on a break for the three-day Sankranti festival.