Pro-united Andhra employees and others Monday burnt copies of the draft Telangana bill in traditional Sankranti bonfire at different places in Seemandhra as a mark of protest against division of Andhra Pradesh. The Andhra Pradesh Non-Gazetted Officers (APNGOs) association president P Ashok Babu led the protest at Ongole in Prakasam district.
Noting that division would not have much impact on politicians as they can continue to carry on with political activity normally, he said bifurcation would adversely impact students and employees from Seemandhra regions.
Similar protests were organised at different places in the Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions. TDP legislator Dasari Bala Vardhana Rao, the party’s farmers’ wing leader and members of APNGOs association participated in the protest at Hanuman junction on Vijayawada- Visakhapatnam national highway in Krishna district where they burnt copies of the draft bill and raised slogans against the bifurcation of the state.
The united AP supporters also gathered at Gudiwada in the district and protested against the bill while raising slogans in favour of ‘Samaikyandhra’ (united Andhra). The burning of the copies of draft Telangana bill is part of a programme of protests called by the APNGOs. A bandh would be organised on January 17 and 18.
The draft Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill-2013 is presently being debated in the state legislature, which is on a break for the three-day Sankranti festival.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More