Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, BJP presidents of the state and Telangana K Haribabu and G Kishan
Reddy and leaders of TDP and BJP accompanied her as she submitted her papers to the Legislature Secretary.
The Telugu Desam Party, an ally in the BJP-led NDA government, is supporting her candidature.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Sitharaman, who is Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry (Independent charge), is expected to be elected
unopposed as the only opposition party YSR Congress is said to be not inclined to jump into the contest.
Filed my nomination for RS. Grateful for support of TDP. Touched by the gesture of @ncbn – proposing my name. Thanks BJP veterans & cadres.
— Nirmala Sitharaman (@nsitharaman) June 21, 2014
The by-election was caused due to the death of sitting MP N Janardhana Reddy of the Congress, whose term was originally supposed to end on June 21, 2016.
The TDP-BJP alliance has a comfortable majority of 107 members in the 175-member Assembly.
Last date for filing of nominations is June 23 and June 26 for withdrawal. The election, if required, will be held on July 3.