Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, BJP presidents of the state and Telangana K Haribabu and G Kishan
Reddy and leaders of TDP and BJP accompanied her as she submitted her papers to the Legislature Secretary.
The Telugu Desam Party, an ally in the BJP-led NDA government, is supporting her candidature.
Sitharaman, who is Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry (Independent charge), is expected to be elected
unopposed as the only opposition party YSR Congress is said to be not inclined to jump into the contest.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Filed my nomination for RS. Grateful for support of TDP. Touched by the gesture of @ncbn – proposing my name. Thanks BJP veterans & cadres.
— Nirmala Sitharaman (@nsitharaman) June 21, 2014
The by-election was caused due to the death of sitting MP N Janardhana Reddy of the Congress, whose term was originally supposed to end on June 21, 2016.
The TDP-BJP alliance has a comfortable majority of 107 members in the 175-member Assembly.
Last date for filing of nominations is June 23 and June 26 for withdrawal. The election, if required, will be held on July 3.