An election official changed the direction of EVM allegedly at the request of Congress candidate and Union Minister K H Muniyappa to make it “Vastu” compliant, following which he was shifted from a polling centre in Kolar Lok Sabha constituency, Karnataka.
“The official has been shifted from Harohalli polling centre, which is in the city, for changing the direction of the Electronic Voting Machine on Muniyappa’s request to make it Vastu complaint,” Kolar Deputy Commissioner and Returning Officer D K Ravi told reporters here.
Changing the direction or position of the EVM is unlawful, he said.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
As soon as Muniyappa entered the polling centre to cast his vote, he was displeased to see the EVM facing South and placed it in North-Eastern direction with the help of his supporters, Ravi said.
“On receiving the information I shifted the election officer for carrying out Muniyappa’s instructions,” the Deputy Commissioner said.
Ravi, however, did not respond when he was asked the reason for not taking action against Muniyappa’s supporters who changed the position of the EVM. “I will get back to you on it soon,” he said