An election official changed the direction of EVM allegedly at the request of Congress candidate and Union Minister K H Muniyappa to make it “Vastu” compliant, following which he was shifted from a polling centre in Kolar Lok Sabha constituency, Karnataka.
“The official has been shifted from Harohalli polling centre, which is in the city, for changing the direction of the Electronic Voting Machine on Muniyappa’s request to make it Vastu complaint,” Kolar Deputy Commissioner and Returning Officer D K Ravi told reporters here.
Changing the direction or position of the EVM is unlawful, he said.
As soon as Muniyappa entered the polling centre to cast his vote, he was displeased to see the EVM facing South and placed it in North-Eastern direction with the help of his supporters, Ravi said.
“On receiving the information I shifted the election officer for carrying out Muniyappa’s instructions,” the Deputy Commissioner said.
Ravi, however, did not respond when he was asked the reason for not taking action against Muniyappa’s supporters who changed the position of the EVM. “I will get back to you on it soon,” he said
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More