Unfazed by the criticism of his attack on media, Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday fired yet another salvo, questioning whether the media had the courage to show the “true story” about Narendra Modi’s Gujarat.
Speaking to reporters before kick-starting his roadshow in Bangalore, he accused the media of not bringing out the “truth” about the Gujarat Chief Minister before the people.
“Will the media have the courage to show Gujarat’s true story to the people of the country? There is a big question mark,” said Kejriwal whose comments against the media have brought him in the line of fire from media and political parties alike.
Kejriwal has sparked a controversy with his remarks that the whole media is “sold out” and media people will be sent to jail after an inquiry into the issue if AAP comes to power.
During the two-day tour, Kejriwal is also attending a Rs 20,000 per person dinner to raise funds for AAP. He will hold a roadshow in Chikkaballapur on Sunday before concluding the visit with a rally in Bangalore.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Charging the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate with “cheating” people during his rallies, he said “that is what the people are saying. So far, the media has not brought out the truth about Modi before the people.”
Asked about the evidence to back his allegations about Modi, he said, the condition of farmers was “pathetic” as their land had been snatched. “There is a publicity going around that Modiji is a saviour of farmers. No Modiji is not the saviour. The country’s farmers have been told a lie.”
“If the farmers come to know of it, none of them will vote for Modi. I am not generalising. I have seen it myself in Gujarat. Therefore, I ask the media to show the truth.”
Kejriwal said the media should show the “real conditions” prevailing in Gujarat. “They should show the rule of corruption and bribe in Gujarat. Before Delhi (Assembly) elections, the media had done a sting operation against us.
Did we say anything. Modiji is telling big lies to the nation which is a very big conspiracy.”
Asked to name the channels which he had alleged were being paid for Modi’s coverage, he refused to answer.