Days after the Congress praised Atal Bihari Vajpayee to target Narendra Modi, the party did a U-turn on Monday calling the BJP veteran “the weakest PM India ever had”, a taunt often directed at Manmohan Singh by the opposition party.
In his tweet, Congress spokesman Sanjay Jha alleged that Vajpayee was the “weakest” Prime Minister as he had failed to protect India’s border and country’s interests while dealing with Pakistan.
He said that Vajpayee had even failed to handle Narendra Modi whom he wanted to remove as Chief Minister in the wake of Gujarat riots in 2002. “The weakest PM ever was AB Vajpayee, who wanted to sack Mr Modi for the ghastly Gujarat massacre, but succumbed to BJP bullying,” he tweeted.
The Congress spokesman also took potshots at Vajpayee over his government’s failure in protecting the Indian border and interests while dealing with Pakistan. “The weakest PM India ever had was Atal Bihari Vajpayee who was hugging PM Nawaz Sharif, even as 50 soldiers had lost their lives in Kargil,” Jha tweeted.
“The weakest Prime Minister that India ever had was Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Gen Musharraf spent a night on Indian soil, while the PMO and NDA snored,” he said. In the midst of the poll heat, Congress had showered praises on Vajpayee to attack Modi, asking how can a person whom the tallest leader of BJP “wanted removed” as CM in the wake of Gujarat riots be the party’s PM candidate.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In its official website, the Congress had asserted that no leader in BJP can match the stature of Vajpayee, the founding president of the party.
BJP on Sunday said the book written by former media adviser of Manmohan Singh was an “official confirmation” that he was the “weakest” prime minister and asserted that his office was “dwarfed” during the UPA rule.
The BJP also said that on the eve of relinquishing the office Singh must “seriously introspect” as to how his tenure “impacted” on the institution of prime minister.