Two seats of the National Capital Region are among the five Lok Sabha constituencies in the country with maximum number of electors with Malkajgiri of Andhra Pradesh topping the list.
The seats in NCR region include Ghaziabad and North West Delhi. Unnao in Uttar Pradesh and Bangalore North in Karnataka are the other seats.
As per the latest figures of electorate data available with the Election Commission of India, the largest five LS constituencies of the country in terms of number of voters together constitute 1.1651249 crore while the smallest five together constitute 7.56820 lakh electors.
The total electorate size in the largest five constituencies is thus 15.4 times of that in the smallest five seats.
Malkajgiri in Andhra Pradesh with 29.53915 lakh electors has the largest number while Lakshadweep with 47,972 electors has the smallest number.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Just as Varanasi Lok Sabha seat is attracting nation-wide attention because of high-profile candidates jumping into the poll fray, the Malkajgiri segment in Andhra Pradesh too is arousing a lot of curiosity even before the battle has begun, as names of some top leaders are being tipped as prospective contenders for the constituency.
Malkajgiri, a peripheral constituency in Hyderabad, is currently being represented by Union Minister of State for Road Transport Sarvey Satyanarayana.
Names of Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu, Telangana Rashtra Samiti president K Chandrasekhar Rao, Jana Sena founder and Telugu film star Pawan Kalyan and Lok Satta Party chief N Jayaprakash Narayan have been doing the rounds as “prospective” candidates for Malkajgiri seat.
In Ghazibad, former Army Chief Gen V K Singh is BJP candidate while Congress has fielded cine star-turned-politician Raj Babbar and AAP has brought in Shazia Ilmi.
Union Minister Krishna Tirath is the candidate from North West Delhi where AAP has fielded its former minister in Delhi government Rakhi Birla. BJP has fielded new entrant Udit Raj, a Dalit leader, from the seat.
Congress MP Annu Tandon is seeking re-election from Unnao seat.
In Bangalore North, former chief minister D V Sadananda Gowda of BJP is contesting.
The five parliamentary seats with minimum number of electors are Ladakh in Jammu and Kashmir, Lakshadweep, Dadara and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.