Two political parties having two members in the Jharkhand Assembly merged with the Trinamool Congress here on Monday.
The Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch (JJM) with its MLA Bandhu Tirkey and the Rastriya Kalyan Pakshya (RKP) with its MLA Chamra Linda merged with the TMC in the presence of former Railway Minister and TMC General Secretary Mukul Roy. “With the merger of two recognised political parties having their MLAs, the TMC now has presence in the Jharkhand Assembly,” Roy told a press conference after the merger here.
Along with Congress and RJD, both the MLAs are currently supporting the ruling Hemant Soren government in the state. “We’ll continue to support the government. We’ll also request Assembly Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta to allot us a separate place on the ruling side,” Tirkey said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Lalu Soren, younger brother of JMM chief Shibu Soren, has also joined the TMC, Roy said. “With the joining of these leaders, TMC has become stronger. We have not yet decided how many seats to contest in the Lok Sabha, though we have kept the option open to contest all the 14 seats in Jharkhand,” Roy said when asked whether Tirkey and Linda would contest Lok Sabha poll.
To a question, Roy said his party was not surprised that the Ramvilas Paswan led Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) had joined the NDA. “It has not surprised us. But, we are maintaining equal distance from the Congress and the BJP,” Roy said. Both TMC president and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Paswan had been ministers in the erstwhile NDA government led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.