Over 160 newly elected BJP MPs will be congregating at Surajkund in Haryana from Saturday for two days to take lessons on the party’s history and ideologies, besides their conduct as parliamentarians.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Rajnath Singh will address the inaugural session, and the newly elected MPs will attend eight sessions, learning various aspects of the party and parliamentary conduct, sources said.
“BJP is the only party that has practiced giving structured training programmes to party MPs. Even Narendra Modi as Gujarat chief minister had ensured training programme of party’s newly elected MLAs,” confided a source.
The first session will be devoted to party’s history and its contribution to country’s politics — the matter that is likely to be stressed by Modi and Singh on Saturday morning.
Subsequently, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Venkaiah Naidu will address the second session about the relationship between the party and the government in Parliament, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is slated to address another session to highlight duties of MPs.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In the fourth session, Union Minister Sushma Swaraj will teach the newly elected MPs about tools and rules for effective intervention in Parliament, while party leader Vinay Sahasrabuddhe will give them a refresher course about the basics of party ideology.
New generation party leaders Prakash Javadekar and Piyush Goel is slated to teach others about effective use of social media for communication, while veteran leader Ram Naik will give them keys about nourishing their constituencies. In the final session, party patriarch L K Advani is slated to give valedictory speech to conclude the two-day long session.