Samajwadi Party leader Abu Azami has done it again. He has once again managed to shock one and all with his latest salvo – conduct DNA tests of Muslims who do not vote for the Samajwadi Party.
The politician made this statement while campaigning for his party candidate Balchandra Yadav at Khalilabad in Sant Kabir Nagar, Uttar Pradesh. According to Azmi, those who do not vote for Mulayam Singh Yadav’s party are not true Muslims, adding that a DNA test must be conducted to check if they are from RSS.
With these comments, Azmi has once again come in the line of fire, with twitter abuzz with criticism for him. People from all walks of life and politicians from across party lines have lashed out at him.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi questioned if Samajwadi Party wants to conduct DNA test of Muzaffarnagr riot victims too, most of who voted against Mulayam Singh, BJP leader Shaina NC called it a ‘height of communal crazy statements’.
Making a scathing attack on Azmi, former politician Shahid Siddiqui said that Azmi’s comments show that neither he has knowledge of Science nor Islam.
Here are some of the tweets:
Abu Azmi: “Muslims who don’t vote for SP shd check their DNA if they’re Muslim”. And those who do shd check their IQ?
— Minhaz Merchant (@minhazmerchant) May 2, 2014
Mr Abu Azmi’s remarks on Muslim’s not voting for SP are worth condemnation and are an insult to democracy
— Naveen Jindal (@MPNaveenJindal) May 2, 2014
Abu Asim Azmi doesn’t know Islam neither does he know science-Shahid Siddiqui pic.twitter.com/YznTkKgeh9
— ANI (@ANI_news) May 2, 2014
Abu Azmi is not a spiritual leader. He has no right to tell Muslims as to whom they should vote – Nawab Malik pic.twitter.com/GypHycHson
— NCP (@NCPspeaks) May 2, 2014