Samajwadi Party leader Abu Azami has done it again. He has once again managed to shock one and all with his latest salvo – conduct DNA tests of Muslims who do not vote for the Samajwadi Party.
The politician made this statement while campaigning for his party candidate Balchandra Yadav at Khalilabad in Sant Kabir Nagar, Uttar Pradesh. According to Azmi, those who do not vote for Mulayam Singh Yadav’s party are not true Muslims, adding that a DNA test must be conducted to check if they are from RSS.
With these comments, Azmi has once again come in the line of fire, with twitter abuzz with criticism for him. People from all walks of life and politicians from across party lines have lashed out at him.
While Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi questioned if Samajwadi Party wants to conduct DNA test of Muzaffarnagr riot victims too, most of who voted against Mulayam Singh, BJP leader Shaina NC called it a ‘height of communal crazy statements’.
Making a scathing attack on Azmi, former politician Shahid Siddiqui said that Azmi’s comments show that neither he has knowledge of Science nor Islam.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Here are some of the tweets:
Abu Azmi: “Muslims who don’t vote for SP shd check their DNA if they’re Muslim”. And those who do shd check their IQ?
— Minhaz Merchant (@minhazmerchant) May 2, 2014
Mr Abu Azmi’s remarks on Muslim’s not voting for SP are worth condemnation and are an insult to democracy
— Naveen Jindal (@MPNaveenJindal) May 2, 2014
Abu Asim Azmi doesn’t know Islam neither does he know science-Shahid Siddiqui pic.twitter.com/YznTkKgeh9
— ANI (@ANI_news) May 2, 2014
Abu Azmi is not a spiritual leader. He has no right to tell Muslims as to whom they should vote – Nawab Malik pic.twitter.com/GypHycHson
— NCP (@NCPspeaks) May 2, 2014