Turmoil in Parliament over Telangana and other issues took a toll on the proceedings for the fifth consecutive day on Tuesday, as a result of which no substantive business could be transacted.
Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day at noon and Rajya Sabha till 2 PM after two earlier adjournments during Question Hour.
The ruckus in both Houses, however, did not deter the Chair to introduce three bills – two in Rajya Sabha and one in Lok Sabha – as members of several parties trooped into the Well raising slogans on their respective demands.
As soon as Lok Sabha met at noon after one adjournment, over 40 members from different parties, including supporters and opponents of Telangana, walked into the Well raising various issues, including Telangana.
Amid continuing pandemonium, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the House till Wednesday after laying of papers and introduction of a bill seeking to acquire certain areas in Mumbai for the Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In the din, the Speaker allowed Congress member Thokchom Meinya to raise the issue of attacks against Northeastern people in different parts of the country, including Delhi. He claimed that “racial profiling” of these citizens was being carried out and wanted urgent action to check the menace.
Pandemonium prevailed in Rajya Sabha too, with the House witnessing unruly scenes, leading to three adjournments in the pre-lunch session. The House was adjourned till 2 PM by Deputy Chairman P J Kurien.
Amid the din the Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Prevention and Control) Bill, 2014 and the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Orders (Amendment) Bill, 2014, were introduced.