Turmoil in Parliament over Telangana and other issues took a toll on the proceedings for the fifth consecutive day on Tuesday, as a result of which no substantive business could be transacted.
Lok Sabha was adjourned for the day at noon and Rajya Sabha till 2 PM after two earlier adjournments during Question Hour.
The ruckus in both Houses, however, did not deter the Chair to introduce three bills – two in Rajya Sabha and one in Lok Sabha – as members of several parties trooped into the Well raising slogans on their respective demands.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
As soon as Lok Sabha met at noon after one adjournment, over 40 members from different parties, including supporters and opponents of Telangana, walked into the Well raising various issues, including Telangana.
Amid continuing pandemonium, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the House till Wednesday after laying of papers and introduction of a bill seeking to acquire certain areas in Mumbai for the Bhimrao Ambedkar Memorial.
In the din, the Speaker allowed Congress member Thokchom Meinya to raise the issue of attacks against Northeastern people in different parts of the country, including Delhi. He claimed that “racial profiling” of these citizens was being carried out and wanted urgent action to check the menace.
Pandemonium prevailed in Rajya Sabha too, with the House witnessing unruly scenes, leading to three adjournments in the pre-lunch session. The House was adjourned till 2 PM by Deputy Chairman P J Kurien.
Amid the din the Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Prevention and Control) Bill, 2014 and the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Orders (Amendment) Bill, 2014, were introduced.