In a historic event marking culmination of the long-drawn-out process of the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao will assume the office as first Chief Minister of Telangana which becomes 29th state of the country on Monday.
The swearing-in ceremony would take place at 8.15 am at Raj Bhavan here.
The President’s rule which is in place in united Andhra Pradesh will be revoked partially tomorrow to facilitate the swearing-in of new government under KCR.
TRS secured majority in recent Legislative Assembly elections by winning 63 of the 119 seats in Telangana region.
Prior to KCR’s coronation, Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan would take oath as the Governor of Telangana.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Narasimhan, a former Chief of Intelligence Bureau, would function as the Governor of Telangana and residuary Andhra Pradesh.
After the swearing-in ceremony, KCR would attend the official celebrations of Telangana Formation Day at Parade Grounds here.
Speculation is rife over the composition of council of ministers of KCR and names of E Rajender, who was TRS floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, T Harish Rao, who is nephew of KCR, TRS MLC Mahmood Ali, KCR’s son K T Rama Rao, senior MLA Pocharam Srinivasa Reddy and senior leader Nayani Narasimha Reddy are doing the rounds as probables to find a berth.
Among woman MLAs of TRS, the names of Konda Surekha, Padma Devender Reddy and Kova Lakshmi are reportedly under consideration.
KCR is reportedly considering expanding his Cabinet towards the end of the month.
The TRS government is expected to announce lifting the police cases filed against Telangana supporters during the separate statehood agitation and announce benefits for the families of those who reportedly died in support of the separate statehood demand, among the major decisions to be taken soon after assuming office.
The buzz is that senior IAS officer Rajiv Sharma, who is presently working in the Union Home Ministry, and incumbent Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma are likely to take over as the Chief Secretary and DGP of Telangana respectively.