In a historic event marking culmination of the long-drawn-out process of the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao will assume the office as first Chief Minister of Telangana which becomes 29th state of the country on Monday.
The swearing-in ceremony would take place at 8.15 am at Raj Bhavan here.
The President’s rule which is in place in united Andhra Pradesh will be revoked partially tomorrow to facilitate the swearing-in of new government under KCR.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
TRS secured majority in recent Legislative Assembly elections by winning 63 of the 119 seats in Telangana region.
Prior to KCR’s coronation, Andhra Pradesh Governor E S L Narasimhan would take oath as the Governor of Telangana.
Narasimhan, a former Chief of Intelligence Bureau, would function as the Governor of Telangana and residuary Andhra Pradesh.
After the swearing-in ceremony, KCR would attend the official celebrations of Telangana Formation Day at Parade Grounds here.
Speculation is rife over the composition of council of ministers of KCR and names of E Rajender, who was TRS floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, T Harish Rao, who is nephew of KCR, TRS MLC Mahmood Ali, KCR’s son K T Rama Rao, senior MLA Pocharam Srinivasa Reddy and senior leader Nayani Narasimha Reddy are doing the rounds as probables to find a berth.
Among woman MLAs of TRS, the names of Konda Surekha, Padma Devender Reddy and Kova Lakshmi are reportedly under consideration.
KCR is reportedly considering expanding his Cabinet towards the end of the month.
The TRS government is expected to announce lifting the police cases filed against Telangana supporters during the separate statehood agitation and announce benefits for the families of those who reportedly died in support of the separate statehood demand, among the major decisions to be taken soon after assuming office.
The buzz is that senior IAS officer Rajiv Sharma, who is presently working in the Union Home Ministry, and incumbent Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma are likely to take over as the Chief Secretary and DGP of Telangana respectively.