- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
TRS candidate from Chevella declares assets of over Rs 500 cr
TRS candidate from Chevella Lok Sabha constituency in Telangana, K Visweswar Reddy, has declared that he and his family owns assets worth over Rs 500 crore.
According to the affidavit accompanying his nomination, Reddy, son-in-law of Apollo Hospitals founder Pratap C Reddy, has movable assets of Rs 171.72 crore. His wife Sangita Reddy, a director in the Apollo Hospitals group, has assets of Rs 243.27 crore.
Reddy declared that his family — including the couple’s sons — together has movable assets of Rs 478 crore, comprising investments and deposits. The immovable assets are worth about Rs 50 crore, the affidavit said.
The family has liabilities of over Rs 7.40 crore.