The Trinamool Congress on Friday ruled out an alliance with the Congress in the coming Lok Sabha elections and reiterated that it would contest all the 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal.
“Our party chief Mamata Banerjee has already made it clear that the party will go it alone. We will contest all the 42 seats and there is no possibility of alliance,”
Trinamool Congress MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay told reporters here when asked whether there was any possibility of a tie-up with the Congress in the elections.
Stating that that party had fought alone and swept the panchayat and municipal elections, TMC General Secretary Mukul Roy said “Trinamool is neither with the communal BJP nor with the Congress.”
The TMC candidate list was likely to be announced after the Election Commission announce the date of polls, he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Bandyopadhyay also claimed that the Trinamool Congress would emerge as the third largest party in India after the Lok Sabha polls ‘which all parties realised’.