Quiz master Barry O’Brien, brother of Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Derek O’Brien, on Wednesday joined the West Bengal BJP along with his wife.
Barry, a skilled motivational speaker, was a nominated member of the West Bengal Assembly representing the Anglo-Indian community between 2006-11 during the Left Front regime.
Others who joined the party were footballer Sasthi Duley and market expert Siddhartha Mukherjee, who also played the role of ‘Topse’ in Satyajit Ray’s films. State BJP president Rahul Sinha told a press conference that many such eminent persons were joining the party as they felt it was the only one which could turn the fortunes of the people of the country under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Sinha meanwhile, was critical of the abolition of on-line admission to colleges soon after Partha Chatterjee took charge as the education minister of the state. The Yuva Morcha of BJP would hold a demonstration in front of Bikash Bhavan, the office of the education minister at Salt Lake and also across the state and submit a representation to him demanding restoration of on-line admission in colleges.
The state BJP chief was also critical of state felicitation accorded to IPL winner KKR on Tuesday which was marred by chaos and unruly scenes leaving several injured.