Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Thursday slammed the Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal alleging that it only worked for the party and had failed to usher in change.
“We want to include and work for the poor, but the government here works for the party. If you are not a Trinamool worker then you do not get any benefit in the state,” Gandhi told an election rally here in Ghatal constituency.
“You will get beaten up if you belong to any other party. You will be suppressed and work will not be done in a democratic way,” he said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
He alleged that Congress workers, who were beaten up earlier by Left supporters, were now being assaulted by the ruling party men.
“When we worked with the Trinamool here we thought we will remove the Left Front, remove the red flag and bring in a new government which will work for development,” Gandhi said.
“It is a matter of regret that red flags have been removed. Green flags have come, but nothing has changed in the state,” he said.
On the issue of corruption, he said that it continued to prevail.
“20 lakh people were affected by the Saradha chitfund scam. Poor people were affected. Irregularities were noticed in the school teachers recruitment scam where 35,000 teachers were recruited,” he said.
Countering Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s charge that the Centre deprived the state of funds, Gandhi said, “We send thousands of crores from Delhi.
“We sent money which was five times more than what was given by the previous NDA government. They used to give 5,000 crore we gave 26,000 crore to West Bengal.”
“She is saying that we are not sending money, but the fact is that they do not utilise the funds,” he alleged.
Gandhi said the previous Left Front and the Mamata government spoke about providing employment, but nothing happened.
“People here get only 35 days work under MNREGA, while people in the rest of the country get work for 100 days,” he said.