The Army Saturday claimed to have averted a major tragedy by detecting a powerful improvised electronic device (IED) in the outskirts of the city in Bemina. Meanwhile, the Valley was put on high alert a day after terrorists attacked an Army camp in Jammu, which left six persons, including three militants, dead.
On Saturday, officials said unidentified persons had planted an IED fitted inside a pressure cooker near Bemina grid station. Around 10 kg of explosives and ball bearings were used in the IED, which was detected by the Army’s road opening party (ROP) minutes before a convoy was to pass through the area.
The Army spokesman said that around 7.30 am, the ROP discovered a suspicious object. “Troops immediately alerted the nearby police station and the bomb disposal team. The area was cordoned off to ensure safety of people and the IED was neutralised,” he said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Meanwhile, the Army also claimed unidentified militants attacked Army officials in Palahalan village Saturday.