Top BJP leaders, including party President Amit Shah, met senior RSS functionaries on Thursday and discussed a host of issues including better coordination between the two organisations as well as the government and the Sangh.
The over four-hour long meeting assumes significance as it is the first of this scale since Shah took over as BJP President and appointments to a number of key organisational posts are likely to be made in the coming days as their incumbents have been made ministers in the Narendra Modi government and will be relieved of party positions.
Besides Shah, former party presidents and current Cabinet ministers Rajnath Singh and Nitin Gadkari were among BJP leaders present at the meeting at Gadkari’s residence which was attended by almost entire top RSS leadership except its chief Mohan Bhagwat.
Bhaiyyaji Joshi, second to Bhagwat in the Sangh hierarchy, Suresh Soni and Dattatreya Hosabale were among the RSS brass present there. “All important issues came up for discussion. Coordination with the RSS is key and Modi has been stressing on its importance since we came to power,” a party leader said.
RSS leaders have been invited to a dinner on Thursday at his residence by Modi. Assembly elections in several states, including
Maharashtra and Haryana, later this year also came up for discussions. BJP sources said Modi was keen that the ties with RSS remained strong.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Party leaders believe that a strain in the their relationship during former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s era worked to its disadvantage and was a reason behind its surprise defeat during 2004 elections.