As we get close to the final round of voting, there seems to be a mad rush among netizens to catch as much political action on YouTube as they can. Viewership for political news on YouTube has been consistently growing and all the content related to political news stories, breaking news, election speeches, political spoofs and more, is catching more eyeballs than ever on YouTube.
In a list compiled for the top 10 political videos on YouTube from India, Narendra Modi and Raj Thackeray interviews came up on the top as the most watched political videos in the month of April in India. Here is the top 10 videos of this poll season.
1. BJP Prime ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi’s interview with Rajat Sharma in Aap Ki Adalat on India TV notched the top rating in the election season.
2. Second in the series has been a spoof video created on Narendra Modi’s candidature from Varanasi, the election hotbed which has attracted the attention from all over the world.
4. Outspoken Maharashtra Navnirman Sena leader Raj Thackeray’s interview with TIMES NOW Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami has been the talking point on youtbue for long.
5. Even the full interview of Narendra Modi was the most watched political video, the snippet of the interview of Modi on Aap Ki Adalat with Rajat Sharma kept the viewers hooked to it and thus was ranked fifth as the most the watched video.
6. The netizens seemed to be happy of getting as much dose of Narendra Modi as they could get. Clicks on a video of Amitabh Bachchan speaking about Narendra Modi on India TV reflected people mood for the same.
7. Unsubstantiated news of MNS Chief Raj Thackeray joing BJP stirred many in the political groups and so were the netizens. Raj Thackeray conversation with Rajat Sharma on India TV on Aap Ki Adalat was on seventh spot in people’s watching list.
8. Eight on the list was the video of Arvind Kejriwal being attacked while campaigning in Delhi for the General Elections.
9. The decision by MNS to field candidates from UP, Bihar and Delhi got the netizen intrigued. MNS Chief Raj Thackeray’s interview by Rajdeep Sardesai on CNNIBN was ranked ninth on the list.
10. Tenth on the list was a spoof on Arvind Kejriwal where he is shown doing a Thalaiva number.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App nowFirst Published on: May 8, 2014 7:53 pm