With Natwar Singh’s book touching a raw nerve, the Congress Friday stepped up its attack against him. Hitting back at the former foreign minister, the Congress recounted the findings of the Paul Volcker committee which had named him as a non-contractual beneficiary of the Iraqi oil-for-food scam and said the party took an uncompromising and principled stand asking him to resign from the Council of Ministers.
“It was found to be entirely an individual enterprise and adventure of Natwar Singh and family. And there was therefore no option but to take the action which was taken,” Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi said. He recounted at length the findings of the Volcker report at the Congress press conference in the fresh offensive against Singh, who had gone for a no-holds-barred attack on Sonia in his autobiography.
Many leaders seized the opportunity to rally behind Sonia. Punjab PCC president Partap Singh Bajwa asked “Congressmen and people of sensibility” to socially boycott Singh. He said Singh’s book is “nothing short of treachery on his part to reveal privileged information and conversations apart from inventing scandalous tales”.
National Commission for Minorities member Praveen Davar too called Singh’s exposure “immoral, unethical and unbecoming of a close confidant and diplomat”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More