Choosing his ministers would be a tough task for Prime Minister designate Narendra Modi as Karnataka itself is throwing at least 12 aspirants for the Central jobs.
While, 10 out of the 17 new BJP Lok Sabha MPs from Karnataka are ministerial aspirants, two Rajya Sabha members from the state are also in fray.
Rajya Sabha MPs Venkaiah Naidu and Prabhakar Kore are making attempts to get into the Modi Cabinet even as a string of multiple Lok Sabha term winners, including Ananth Kumar, Prahlad Joshi, D V Sadananda Gowda, Ananth Kumar Hegde, Ramesh Jigajinagi and G M Siddeshwar, is hopeful along with first time parliamentarians B S Yeddyurappa and Shobha Karandlaje.
Modi has not spoken his mind yet on the constituents of the new BJP ministry. He is expected to consult the director of the CBI on the gravity of corruption cases pending against leaders like former CM Yeddyurappa before deciding on picking them, sources said. Yeddyurappa himself is not lobbying for a ministry and has left the choice on the wisdom of the BJP’s prime minister designate, they said.
“A lot of people who are lobbying for positions in the ministry are under the impression that the BJP continues to function in a manner it did a few years ago. This is not so. There is clarity in the minds of the present leadership on the kind of persons they want. Modiji also has a good understanding of the leaders from Karnataka,’’ a source said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The sources said the expectation is that Karnataka would get around two ministerial positions – one of Cabinet rank and another of minister of state – although some noises have been made in the state BJP seeking six positions on the lines the UPA II.