Not planning to vote? Well, you just might want to do a rethink. The indelible ink on your finger will fetch you some goodies and discounts on Thursday.
Many restaurants, apparel stores, multiplexes, supermarkets, petrol pumps, retail stores and hospitals have announced discounts for those who cast their votes in the Lok Sabha polls.
The Federation of All India Petroleum Traders has announced special discounts for those with a ink-stained finger in the Delhi-NCR region.
As many as 67 petrol pumps across Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon and Rohtak will offer 50 paise per litre discount on petrol to consumers who exercise their voting rights.
“A 50 paise per litre discount will be offered to anybody coming to these petrol pumps with voting mark on Thursday during voting hours,” Federation of All India Petroleum Traders general secretary Ajay Bansal said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Car and two-wheeler owners have to show the indelible ink mark on their finger as proof of having cast the ballot to avail the discount. The scheme will be available till 5 pm.
Airtel users too have some goodies on offer. Bharti Airtel said it is offering its pre-paid users 50 MB free Internet usage on Thursday.
The scheme will be available in Delhi-NCR, Haryana and Kerala, which are going to polls on Thursday.
Airtel said the idea behind the initiative is that it wants to give customers an option to go online and read about candidates before casting their votes.
“As India gears up for general Lok Sabha elections, 2014, Bharti Airtel is encouraging voters to make an informed choice of candidates by offering 50 MB of free data usage for its prepaid mobile customers on the polling day from 7am to 7pm,” the company said in a statement.
Several eating joints in the capital are also offering up to 25 per cent discount on beverages and other delicacies.
The Delhi Medical Association too has chipped in with several other health institutions to offer a 25-50 per cent discount on consultation, diagnostics, health check-ups and other facilities except pharmaceuticals. These offers will last for seven days after the elections on April 10.
If lack of transportation is what is keeping you at home, then Uber, the luxury cab service, is offering two free rides to the polling booth and back. The offer is valid during polling hours —- from 7 am to 7 pm on Thursday. The company is also offering free credits on twitter and Instagram.
The Delhi Assembly elections last December had seen a record turnout of 66 per cent. Many believe the offers will help lure more to the polling booth for Lok Sabha polls.