Not planning to vote? Well, you just might want to do a rethink. The indelible ink on your finger will fetch you some goodies and discounts on Thursday.
Many restaurants, apparel stores, multiplexes, supermarkets, petrol pumps, retail stores and hospitals have announced discounts for those who cast their votes in the Lok Sabha polls.
The Federation of All India Petroleum Traders has announced special discounts for those with a ink-stained finger in the Delhi-NCR region.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
As many as 67 petrol pumps across Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon and Rohtak will offer 50 paise per litre discount on petrol to consumers who exercise their voting rights.
“A 50 paise per litre discount will be offered to anybody coming to these petrol pumps with voting mark on Thursday during voting hours,” Federation of All India Petroleum Traders general secretary Ajay Bansal said.
Car and two-wheeler owners have to show the indelible ink mark on their finger as proof of having cast the ballot to avail the discount. The scheme will be available till 5 pm.
Airtel users too have some goodies on offer. Bharti Airtel said it is offering its pre-paid users 50 MB free Internet usage on Thursday.
The scheme will be available in Delhi-NCR, Haryana and Kerala, which are going to polls on Thursday.
Airtel said the idea behind the initiative is that it wants to give customers an option to go online and read about candidates before casting their votes.
“As India gears up for general Lok Sabha elections, 2014, Bharti Airtel is encouraging voters to make an informed choice of candidates by offering 50 MB of free data usage for its prepaid mobile customers on the polling day from 7am to 7pm,” the company said in a statement.
Several eating joints in the capital are also offering up to 25 per cent discount on beverages and other delicacies.
The Delhi Medical Association too has chipped in with several other health institutions to offer a 25-50 per cent discount on consultation, diagnostics, health check-ups and other facilities except pharmaceuticals. These offers will last for seven days after the elections on April 10.
If lack of transportation is what is keeping you at home, then Uber, the luxury cab service, is offering two free rides to the polling booth and back. The offer is valid during polling hours —- from 7 am to 7 pm on Thursday. The company is also offering free credits on twitter and Instagram.
The Delhi Assembly elections last December had seen a record turnout of 66 per cent. Many believe the offers will help lure more to the polling booth for Lok Sabha polls.