To further consolidate ties with RJD, JD(U) supported a close aide of Lalu Prasad for an Member of Legislative Council seat. Bhola Yadav, Lalu’s personal assistant for over two decades now, on Thursday filed his nomination for the MLC seat that had fallen vacant after JD(U) leader Ghulam Gous had resigned before crossing over to JD(U) from RJD to unsuccessfully contest from Madhubani Lok Sabha seat.
Though JD(U), with 119 MLAs in House of 243, would have taken the seat under normal political circumstances, JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav and former CM Nitish Kumar decided to concede the seat to alliance partner RJD that has only 24 MLAs. Bhola Yadav may be elected unopposed. September 1 is the last day for filing nomination.
JD(U) has decided to field controversial Siwan leader Ajay Singh for another MLC seat that fell vacant after local leader Manoj Singh had resigned from the seat before crossing over from BJP to JD(U) to unsuccessfully contest from Siwan Lok Sabha.
JD(U) state president BN Singh said: “RJD is a valued ally and hence, we decided to send Bhola Yadav to Upper House in the state legislature”. Bhola Yadav said: “I have nothing to say except to thank both JD(U) and RJD MLAs”.
JD(U) national spokesperson and Rajya Sabha MP KC Tyagi said: “Our alliance has clicked and we have to keep working to further consolidate it. Nitish Kumar will obviously play a very important role and we will continue ti play up development factor than talking out clichéd social combinations”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016