To further consolidate ties with RJD, JD(U) supported a close aide of Lalu Prasad for an Member of Legislative Council seat. Bhola Yadav, Lalu’s personal assistant for over two decades now, on Thursday filed his nomination for the MLC seat that had fallen vacant after JD(U) leader Ghulam Gous had resigned before crossing over to JD(U) from RJD to unsuccessfully contest from Madhubani Lok Sabha seat.
Though JD(U), with 119 MLAs in House of 243, would have taken the seat under normal political circumstances, JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav and former CM Nitish Kumar decided to concede the seat to alliance partner RJD that has only 24 MLAs. Bhola Yadav may be elected unopposed. September 1 is the last day for filing nomination.
JD(U) has decided to field controversial Siwan leader Ajay Singh for another MLC seat that fell vacant after local leader Manoj Singh had resigned from the seat before crossing over from BJP to JD(U) to unsuccessfully contest from Siwan Lok Sabha.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
JD(U) state president BN Singh said: “RJD is a valued ally and hence, we decided to send Bhola Yadav to Upper House in the state legislature”. Bhola Yadav said: “I have nothing to say except to thank both JD(U) and RJD MLAs”.
JD(U) national spokesperson and Rajya Sabha MP KC Tyagi said: “Our alliance has clicked and we have to keep working to further consolidate it. Nitish Kumar will obviously play a very important role and we will continue ti play up development factor than talking out clichéd social combinations”.