West Bengal chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Saturday asserted that Trinamool Congress’ 34-seat tally in the state was a massive triumph and said her party will play a big role in the 16th Lok Sabha in the interest of the people.
“We would play a big role in the interest of the people,” Banerjee told reporters at the party headquarter here, dedicating the massive win in the state to the people.
The TMC supremo said “34 out of 42 is a clear-cut mandate”, specially fighting on our own.”It is the people who opposed the maligning campaign against us and gave their verdict,” the Chief Minister said. Indicating that it was a tough battle over the gruelling five-phase polls in the state, she said “it was a five-six cornered fight, there were several parties.
Banerjee said despite a large section of media opposed the party, “people kept their faith in Trinamool Congress”. Claiming that a section of the media had underplayed ‘Bengal’s triumph’, Banerjee said that all party MPs would go to Delhi on May 25 to take oath in the Lok Sabha. Stating that out of 34 members, 33 per cent were women while the national figure was 11 per cent out of the 543, Banerjee said “In that way it is historic. Many talk about women’s reservation in the Lok Sabha, but do not do much.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More