Acting on West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s threat on Sunday to send Trinamool Congress MPs to BJP-ruled states in response to BJP central teams’ visit to the state, the ruling party on Monday decided to send a team of TMC MPs to visit Madhya Pradesh where a tribal woman was gangraped and paraded naked in a village.
TMC MP Sukhendu Sekhar Ray, who will lead the team of BJP parliamentarians, said, “It has been decided that a five-member delegation of Trinamool Congress MPs will visit Bhiali Kheda village of Madhya Pradesh where a tribal woman was gangraped and paraded naked a few days back.
Ray said that the team would visit the place in the next two to three days and submit a report to the party supremo on return.
“Our mission is to visit the place and get the first hand information about what happened and what steps are being taken regarding the arrests and safety of the victim,” Ray said.
Reacting on this, BJP national spokesperson Siddharth Nath Singh said that the TMC’s decision to send a team showed party supremo Mamata Banerjee’s “nervousness, who is reacting rather than acting as a chief minister”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“It shows Mamata Banerjee’s nervousness about the rise of the BJP in Bengal. Mamata Banerjee should take steps to improve the deteriorating law and order situation in Bengal,” Singh said.
Ray, who is TMC deputy leader in Rajya Sabha, will be accompanied by party MPs Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar, Arpita Ghosh, Uma Soren and Rajya Sabha MP Nadimul Haq.
On Sunday Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said, “I feel that from now on, if there is any incident in any BJP-ruled state, we will also send a Trinamool Congress central team there because it cannot be one-sided. They will get just as they do, Tit for tat.”
A tribal woman in Madhya Pradesh was allegedly gangraped by 10 people, including her husband, paraded naked and forced to drink urine in front of her minor son on June 13 in the village following a land dispute. After the woman lodged a complaint alleging that her husband engineered the attack, all the accused were nabbed.