West Bengal Pradesh Congress president Adhir Chowdhury on Thursday accused ruling Trinamool Congress of trying to prevent AICC vice president Rahul Gandhi from holding meeting in the state by denying permission for the same.
“We wanted Rahul Gandhi to come here on March 25. He also agreed. We wanted to hold meeting at Netaji Indoor Stadium, but we were told that it was booked. “We sought permission to hold meeting at the Park Circus maidan but they said that government places could not be given (for such meeting),” he alleged.
He claimed on the other hand, the ruling party was holding political activity everyday in government places. “If the ruling party prevents Rahul Gandhi from coming to the state by misusing power, it is a matter of regret,” Chowdhury, also Union Minister of State for Railways, said.
Refuting the charge, sources in TMC-controlled Kolkata Municipal Corporation, said that according to the instruction of the Election Commission, parks could not be given for holding political meetings.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More