Trinamool Congress wrote to Election Commission seeking action against Narendra Modi alleging that he has violated the model code by ‘seeking vote in the name of religion’ and party chief Mamata Banerjee renewed her demand for his arrest.
“TMC has written today to the Election Commission asking for action against Modi for seeking votes in the name of religion, spreading communal disharmony and breaking the model code of conduct,” said TMC national spokesperson Derek O’Brien.
TMC, he said, has obtained footage of Modi’s rally at Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh where his portrait in the backdrop had visuals of a place of worship.
Addressing an election meeting at Bongaon in North 24 Paraganas district bordering Bangladesh during the day, Banerjee said “the person who is talking about racial riots, he has no right to become the prime minister. This is a violation of the model code of conduct. Instead he should be sent to jail with ropes tied to his waist. He should be arrested.”
Banerjee, who did not name Modi, told the rally “(He) has become a gas ballon. Punch it, the gas will come out and the ballon will get squeezed.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Banerjee, who had accused Modi of inflaming the situation in Assam’s BTAD areas where recent violence has claimed 34 lives, blamed him of trying to divide Bengalis and non-Bengali in Bengal.
She did not refer to his illegal Bangladeshi immigrants remark but said “touch them and then you will see. We will fight every inch”.
“(He is) Insulting the people of Bengal,” Banerjee said. On an earlier occasion she had claimed that Modi did not know history.
“He does not know that speaking in Bangla does not make one a Bangladeshi. Modi wants to divide Bengalis and non-Bengalis. Anyone who speaks in Bangla across India is branded a Bangladeshi. This is discrimination,” she had said.