Trinamool Congress condemned a CBI search at the party’s Rajya Sabha MP Debabrata Bandopadhyay’s residence in Delhi on Friday saying that the central agency was being used by the BJP government with a motive of political vendetta against the main opposition parties.
“Senior Trinamool Congress MP Debabrata Bandyopahyay’s residence in Delhi was visited by the CBI on the pretext of ‘collecting some documents’. This has been done without even talking to the concerned person,” Derek O’Brien, national spokesperson of Trinamool Congress, said in a statement in the party’s website.
“We strongly condemn this attitude of using the CBI with the motive of political vendetta against the main Opposition parties. In a democratic setup, this is just not done,” O’Brien said.
“The new government assumed office a few weeks ago. We were expecting it to start with a positive outlook and take up a developmental agenda.
“However, we are shocked that a beginning has already been made through rumour, gossip and ‘plants’ in the media,” he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
O’Brien said “Debabrata Bandyopadhyay has an impeccable track record. He is one of the most revered retired IAS officers, who served both the central and the state governments in various senior roles.”
“His career has been without blemish. He is also regarded as the father of the land reform movement in India,” he added.
Bandyopadhyay was elected to the Rajya Sabha in August 2011.