A week after he skipped a meeting of non-Congress, non-BJP parties, raising doubts about his party’s commitment to an ‘alternative’ front, Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) chief Prafulla Mahanta has said his party is undecided on their future course of action, and some rounds of “informal discussion” with the BJP have not been “successful”.
“We are meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) to decide on our future course of action. We are yet to decide if we want to go to the polls alone or in an alliance. We have held some informal discussions with the BJP but they have not been very successful so far,” Mahanta told The Indian Express.
“The BJP is not giving us the seats we want, so we don’t know if we should get into an alliance with them… What’s the point?” he added.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Mahanta said he had skipped the non-Congress, non-BJP parties meet because of personal reasons, and added that his party is yet to take a call on whether it would be part of this group.
The party would arrive at a decision in the next two days, he said. The AGP central executive body has authorised Mahanta and working president Atul Bora to take a final call on electoral alliances.