A week after he skipped a meeting of non-Congress, non-BJP parties, raising doubts about his party’s commitment to an ‘alternative’ front, Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) chief Prafulla Mahanta has said his party is undecided on their future course of action, and some rounds of “informal discussion” with the BJP have not been “successful”.
“We are meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) to decide on our future course of action. We are yet to decide if we want to go to the polls alone or in an alliance. We have held some informal discussions with the BJP but they have not been very successful so far,” Mahanta told The Indian Express.
“The BJP is not giving us the seats we want, so we don’t know if we should get into an alliance with them… What’s the point?” he added.
Mahanta said he had skipped the non-Congress, non-BJP parties meet because of personal reasons, and added that his party is yet to take a call on whether it would be part of this group.
The party would arrive at a decision in the next two days, he said. The AGP central executive body has authorised Mahanta and working president Atul Bora to take a final call on electoral alliances.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More