Three rebel RJD MLAs on Sunday resigned from the Bihar Assembly to extend their support to Nitish Kumar after his resignation as Bihar chief minister.
Samrat Chaudhary, Ram Lakhan Ram Raman and Javed Iqbal submitted their resignation letters to Speaker Udai Narayan Choudhary.
“When Nitish Kumar left such a big post of Chief Minister can’t we make a small sacrifice like resigning from Assembly?” Samrat Chaudhary told reporters at his residence. He said they would join JD(U) to strengthen hands of Kumar.
Chaudhary, Raman and Iqbal were prominent among 13 RJD MLAs who had earlier proposed to the Speaker to recognise them as a separate group.
But, later 9 out of the 13 had returned to RJD. After vehement protest staged by RJD chief Lalu Prasad
and his party, the Speaker had said he would take an appropriate decision on the issue later.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Chaudhary, son of senior JD(U) leader Shakuni Chaudhary who had quit RJD earlier, said they had been working with Kumar after quitting RJD in February this year.
While Chaudhary is an MLA from Parbatta in Khagaria district, Raman represents Rajnagar (SC) seat in Madhubani district and Javed Iqbal is an MLA from Banka.
Resignation of the three RJD MLAs has decreased the party strength in the 243-member Bihar Assembly to 21.